this is the old page, please go to the new page here:
The following text is outdated:
Leaning Layers is pleased to announce their presence at the annual AMEE 2015 (an international association for medical education)
Glasgow – Conference 4 – 9th September 2015.
AMEE 2015 Conference is widely recognised as the key annual medical and healthcare professions education venue, regularly attended by 3,500 participants from around the globe.
There is a big focus on e learning with the draft programme seeing an eLearning Symposium ‘Shaping the future of Technology-Enhanced Learning’ and a Masterclass in Computer Enhanced Learning.
Learning Layers will be showcasing 5 submissions alongside having an exhibition with demo tools throughout the 6 days of the conference. The Learning Layers team will be collecting feedback on the tools and building new links with healthcare stakeholders.
eLearning Symposium (5th – 6th September)
- 1. A dynamic co-design approach to developing technology based help-seeking services that enhance workplace learning in healthcare, Micky Kerr, John Cook, Tamsin Treasure-Jones (Short Communication)
- 2. LivingDocuments – Turning conversations into reliable knowledge, Andreas Schmidt, Martin Bachl, Christine Kunzmann, Tamsin Treasure-Jones, David Zaki & Ed Bellamy (Poster)
- 3. Building a Healthcare Learning Toolbox, Raymond Elferink, Tamsin Treasure-Jones, Graham Atwell (PechaKucha Presentation)
Main Conference (7-9th September)
- 4. Making sense out of informal learning at the workplace, Sebastian Dennerlein, Tamsin Treasure-Jones, Vladimir Tomberg, Dieter Theiler, Elisabeth Lex & Tobias Ley (Poster)
- 5. Towards understanding informal learning in networks of healthcare professionals – Results of a qualitative empirical study, John Bibby, Micky Kerr, Ronald Maier, Stefan Schäper, Stefan Thalmann & Lena Waizenegger (Poster)
The abstracts for the submissions are available on our Googledrive.
AMEE 2015 will take place at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC) and runs for 6 days . For more information about the conference see our event entry here.